Hurricane Dorian: Bahamas Disaster Appeal
We are joining forces with our colleagues in USA and Canada and gearing up to help the survivors of Hurricane Dorian in The Bahamas .
The unusually slow speed of this storm has resulted in it ‘hovering’ over The Bahamas as a Category 5 Hurricane causing, as yet, unknown amounts of damage as it weakened to a Category 3 Hurricane.
A team of volunteers is on standby to go to The Bahamas to assess the needs of the survivors and will leave as soon as possible. We expect these needs to include water filters, tents, tarpaulins, hygiene kits, tool kits, etc.
Will you please help us to help others?
- £1,000 will help to deliver a community water filter capable of providing up to 1,000 litres an hour of potable water for up to 10 years.
- £250 will help to deliver home repair kits.
- £50 will help to supply a tarpaulin for home repair and/or a temporary shelter.
- £25 will help to supply a water filter for a family.
- £10 will help provide hand tools to assist with rebuilding a family home.
Donations may be:
- made online via our website: disasteraiduk.org.Click on How To Help and then select Donations from the dropdown menu
- mailed to Disaster Aid UK & Ireland at: PO Box 209, Manchester M34 0BP
|Chairman, Disaster Aid UK & Ireland
September 3, 2019
|“Giving a hand up, not a handout”|
Disaster Aid UK & Ireland is a Charitable Company: No. 5003026.
Registered with the Charity Commissioners in England & Wales: No. 1103165.
Supported by Rotary clubs and other organisations throughout the UK and Ireland, and a
Country Partner within Disaster Aid International.