What Disaster Aid UK & Ireland Does
Disaster Aid UK & Ireland, as part of Disaster Aid International, has a number of responsibilities which include:
- Collective responsibility for decisions and actions undertaken by Disaster Aid International;
- Undertaking fund raising activities to pay for the deployments and associated costs undertaken by Disaster Aid International;
- Raising awareness worldwide with presentations, exhibitions and demonstrations;
- Developing “Ambassadors” in the wider community to give presentations for Disaster Aid UK & Ireland at various events;
- Recruit and train volunteers for the deployment of aid in the event of a disaster (see DART Volunteers).