Welcome to Disaster Aid UK & Ireland
Disaster Aid UK & Ireland is one of the founding partners of Disaster Aid International (DAI). DAI is an international organisation, involving Rotary Clubs around the world, with the mission to:
Respond to disasters with the supply of humanitarian aid to the affected communities and/or individuals.
Work in partnership on humanitarian projects funded by other organisations including Rotary clubs and Rotary districts.
In contrast to many other disaster-response groups, our aim is also to provide an infrastructure that allows affected communities to regain their normal lives.
“Here at Disaster Aid we know that without financial support from many sources we would only be able to contemplate what might be possible in bringing relief to disaster survivors.”
No two disasters are ever the same. We need to be both flexible in our responses and appreciative of what the generosity of our supporters allows us to do. This video tries to put that into perspective.
All donations received are now going to restocking tents and other aid products for future disaster aid work.
We hope you will consider us worthy of your support in future, and if you already are a supporter then, “Thank you.”
View video for the role of DARTS
- Conduct an assessment of the disaster and local needs;
- Coordinate with relevant governments, aid agencies and the affected communities to ensure that aid is deployed where most effective;
- Manage the effective distribution of equipment, tents etc. to the sites of deployment;
- Train members of the local community so that they can be involved in the distribution and deployment of the equipment, tents etc.;
- Work to ensure that deployments are designed to support longer term sustainability;
- Monitor and evaluate our deployments to ensure that both the products we are deploying as well as the means of distribution are relevant, effective and reach out to the most vulnerable.