Following the Rapid Assessment Visit to Ormac , Disaster Aid International and Balay Mindanaw are very busy planning the next phases of deployment to cover immediate and long term needs. Given the lack of infrastructure in the affected areas, this is a critical and complex phase to ensure that the aid gets to where it is most needed and can be deployed effectively. To date the following has taken, or is taking, place.
- Repositioned Aid (ie 50 tents) is being shipped from Bohol to Cebu (best shipping point for Leyte);
- All LifeBoxes (60+) and associated equipment held in the UK is being shipped to Cebu on Saturday for immediate use;
- All aid held by Disaster Aid International (including 220 Family Tents) in China is being shipped to Cebu;
- Planning to reach a total of at least 800 Family Kits (ie tents and associated equipment) to be in place by first week in December;
- Ed Cox making an Assessment Visit on behalf of DAI to Panay in two days time;
- Christine Cassar is planning to be back in Manchester on Wednesday but other DART volunteers are being lined up to help with the next phases of deployment.